Sunday, March 9, 2014

All Good Things...

...Come to an end.

I went grocery shopping this morning at our local [mega] store --- Meijer's --- and swung by the "collectible cards" area.  Since the new year, the area has changed considerably from about a 5x5 display to about 3x5....to today, a single column of 5 total 2014 Topps rack packs, the rest shipped up front to two end caps near the 40 possible lanes to check out (with only 5 open, but that is another thing)  Is this a sign of things to come?

I am not sure this is a bad thing at all, just that cardboard may no longer be profitable for the one stop shop any longer.  If anything, I will have to support my LCS rather than the big box store.

I was able to scrounge up some 2010 Topps in the hopes of pulling a couple of Cobb's.

Success!



Baseball Can't Come Soon Enough!

Keep it Hot on the Corner, Pat.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this happening a bit too at the Meijers in my area, although maybe not quite to the same extreme as yours (yet). What I actually really miss most is finding heavily discounted hobby boxes once in a while, like I did years ago. Blasters just don't do it for me and it's been a while since I've seen packs I've wanted. All the same, it's a shame to lose that option, so good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete