Saturday, August 9, 2014

Too Much at One Time

I decided against going to the National this year, it was close enough --- a decent 4 hours, there is just too much going on at the Hot Corner household to get away.

So I had my own kind of national card convention and ventured to place such as Sportlots and JustCommons.com, finally hitting the Up North cardshop.  Here are the results.

Before I headed north I had to stock up on supplies and a glance at the dollar box which netted this 1957 topps ---


Then we get to the Sportlot purchases --------


This card is cool, and vintage, and cool

1969 Topps Deckle Edge #8
This is a cool little card, and by little, it is a mini, the rookie side is the "front" and the 1989 side is the "back". If I recall from the 1989 Topps Double Header All-Stars  set.


Since not going to the National, I crushed my wantlist on Sportlots, I have been chasing this one for quite some time, a small tribute to Austin Jackson.


This Pena 2003 Upper Deck Vintage SP completes the team set, how many three way trades has the Tigers been able to pull off? 
1971 Dell Today's Team Stamp

From the dime box, I will describe this Jim Price card as he would describe the Tigers on the radio "wow". Other popular descriptors, "Are you kiddin' me?" and "Arsenal".  There is not much more folks.

Another dollar box find - 1953 JW Porter RC


Finally, six 1957 Topps to boost the collection



Hope you had a great summer, I am back to work Monday

Keep it Hot on the Corner, Pat.








1 comment:

  1. I love that Molitor/Trammell rookie. Hope you got a good deal on it. My copy is one I've had since 1978.,..

    ReplyDelete